Frequently Asked Questions
HOURS, RESERVATIONS, AND TOURS
- Our lobby is open 7 days a week 7:00am-6:30pm
- Boarding and day camp also operate 7 days a week
- Our lobby is closed on the following holidays so therefore we can not accommodate arrivals or departures on: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
If you are new to The Barkington click the “Sign up now to begin” button on our home page to add yourself to our online portal. From there, you can request a boarding reservation or day camp reservation. Or simply stop by or give us a call and we will be glad to help!
If you’re already registered with us, click the “Book now” button on our home page to log onto your portal and request a reservation or give us a call and we can help!
- The Barkington requires that all pets be up to date on required vaccines before staying in our hotel rooms or attending day camp. See our vaccine requirements on the about page.
- Canine Guests 4 months and older must meet all of the vaccination requirements before a reservation can be made.
- Puppies must be at least 12 weeks of age and have completed their first two series of vaccinations including the bordetella vaccine before a reservation can be made.
- Vaccination documents can be emailed to email@example.com
Deposits- Due to high demand at The Barkington during we have a strict policy on cancellations during this time. During this time, you may cancel your reservation, with no penalty, up to 5 days prior to your check-in time to have your deposit refunded. Any cancellations after that time period will forfeit their 20% deposit.
2020: May 22nd – 26th, July 2st – 6th, September 3th – 8th, November 24th – 30th, December 22th – 31st, January 1st – 5th 2021
- Please be aware of the dates our Lobby is closed for arrivals and departure and thereby requires a deposit. Please see “Hours of Operation” above.
- Please be aware of our cancellation charge for these dates. Please see “What if I need to cancel my reservation?” above.
- Please be aware of our peak season charges. Rates will be $5 higher during these times
We will begin boarding cats in the summer of 2020.
Yes! We love guests. Please call ahead or schedule a tour anytime during business hours
- Yes, our entire facility is lined with a perimeter fence for security, including more fenced in areas inside of the perimeter fence for max security
- The Barkington also provides a midnight potty break so one of our professionally trained concierge will be checking on your pet late night for added comfort
Rabies – Current in the last year for puppies and past year to 3 years for adults depending on the vaccination provided
DHPP – Current in the last year for puppies and past year to 3 years for adults depending on the vaccination provided.
Bordetella – Current in the last year, or 6 months depending on the vaccination provided.
All canine guests 16 weeks (4 months) must provide proof of current vaccinations. Titers are accepted with proper documentation.
Puppies must be at least 12 weeks of age and have completed their first two series of vaccinations including a bordetella vaccine.
You or your veterinarian may email the documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
ARRIVAL AT THE BARKINGTON
Food from home in a sealed and labeled container
- In the event your food runs out or do not bring food, we will serve your pet our house cuisine: Hills Science Diet Sensitive Stomach. Please be aware that you will be charged for the rest of your pet’s meals up to $4 per day
- Medications must come in original prescription bottle labeled with dosage and frequency
- The Barkington care team is trained to administer any type of medication for $2 per day up to 4 doses per day
Collar, leash, and/or harness. We will keep your pet’s collar and leash in their designated suitcase during their stay.
Hard Chew Toy (New or in new-like condition)
The Barkington provides clean and comfortable bedding for each pet. In order to maintain a sanitary and controlled environment, outside bedding is not recommended.
You will be asked to sign off on all the items that you bring at Check-In to ensure that all the items are accounted for during your pet’s stay and at Check-Out.
HOTEL GUESTS AT THE BARKINGTON
Sorry, nope! The Barkington is comfortable enough for humans, but we are only for pets!
Depending on your type of reservation, different amenities are included. But ALL Guests receive:
- 4-outdoor play/potty breaks
Midnight potty break
Daily maid service with love to give
Fresh water at all times
Room service provides up to 3 meals per day
Choose from a wide variety of customizable amenities – Create your own Barkington experience!
Pet guests may be checked in anytime during Lobby Hours, but we request that your drop-off and pick-up time be schedules with our concierge to avoid extra charges
Day camp is a cage free, supervised environment where multiple, compatible dogs play together in our indoor/outdoor play areas. We have 5 large play areas to separate small, medium, and large dogs and temperaments. All groups will be rotated throughout the day to the outdoor play area. Every dog will attend an Evaluation Day, where we check the dog’s temperament, play style, and energy levels. Daycare is available from 7a.m. – 6:30p.m. Monday – Sunday.
We do accept drop-ins, as we know things come up and there are lots of things to do here in beautiful Wilmington, but we highly recommend reservations, especially during the Peak/Holiday seasons. We may have to turn away dogs if we reach the ratio of dog to staff members, SAFETY FIRST!
For boarding dogs, that’s okay! We can alter your reservation to have private potty & exercise breaks. The Barkington wants to ensure the safety of all pet guests staying at our facility, as well as providing quality care for your pet. All Day Camp dogs MUST be social, up to date, and fixed by 8 months to play with others.
For daycare group play, we cannot accept any females in heat
Yes, we can accept in-tact males for daycare younger than 8 months
SALON & SPA SERVICES
The Barkington offers a wide variety of grooming services to pamper your pet! These can be added on to your pet’s hotel stay, Day camp OR a walk-in! Please call our friendly Concierge at 910-769-3568 for more information
We currently partner with Cape Fearless Dog Training who holds weekly classes at The Barkington. Please contact the owner Maya for additional details at email@example.com or call 910-518-6469